We collect your email address from you to register your interest in Bosspac, and so we can contact you as Bosspac is developed.
Providing this information is optional. If you choose not to enter your email address, we’ll be unable to contact you about Bosspac.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: 10/May/2018
Windy Solutions Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed acceptance of any amended Policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. a telephone call or email), or when you visit our Website, buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual and may include information such as the individual’s name, email address, telephone number, bank account details, taxation details, and accounting and financial information.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to provide services and products to you
- administer the Services
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- notify You of new or changed services offered in relation to the Service
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- carry out marketing or training relating to the Service
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to verify your identity
- assist with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the Service
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis), including to
- enhance small business productivity, including by creating useful business insights from that aggregated data and allowing You to benchmark Your business’ performance against that aggregated data
- better understand how our customers are using the Services
- provide our customers to better understand the Service, its uses and benefits
- improve the Services
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- comply with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions
- communicate with You
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
By using the Service, You consent to Your personal information being collected, held and used in this way and for any other use You authorise. We will only use Your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy or with Your expressed permission.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you (if necessary)
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
Bosspac will only disclose the personal information You have provided to us to entities outside the Bosspac group of companies if it is necessary and appropriate to facilitate the purpose for which Your personal information was collected pursuant to this Policy. That includes the provision of the Service.
A business that supports our services and products, including data storage, may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
If You do not want Your personal information to be transferred to a server located outside New Zealand, You should not provide Bosspac with Your personal information or use the Service.
Personal information from You about others
Through Your use of the Service, Bosspac may also collect information from You about someone else. If You provide Bosspac with personal information about someone else, You must ensure that You are authorised to disclose that information to Bosspac and that, without Bosspac taking any further steps required by applicable privacy or data protection laws, Bosspac may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes described in this Policy.
This means that You must take reasonable steps to ensure the individual concerned is aware of and consents to the various matters detailed in this Policy. That includes the fact that their personal information is being collected, the purposes for which that information is being collected, the intended recipients of that information, the individual’s right to obtain access to that information, and how to contact Bosspac.
Where requested to do so by Bosspac, You must also assist Bosspac with any requests by the individual to access or update the personal information You have collected from them and entered into the Service.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
However, the Internet is not in itself a secure environment and we cannot give a complete assurance that Your information will be secure at all times. Transmission of personal information over the Internet is at Your own risk. You should only enter, or instruct the entering of, personal information to the Service within a secure environment.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Bosspac does not store Your credit card details
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the Website’s forums, blogs, message board/ chat room, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.